Sayulita Mexico, what a wonderful vacation destination, especially for the beautiful wedding I attended! All I can say is, wow, what a little slice of heaven. This hidden gem of a destination is hard to write about, because I don’t want people to go, because it’s already becoming too popular!
WHERE TO STAY:
I got to stay at the incredible Villa Amor, in the Gran Villa high above the city, with the bridesmaids. My room was on the second floor, so while it was quite a workout to walk up all the stairs after eating & drinking each night, it was a built in workout (and there was a golf cart road you could take, but that was actually TERRIFYING.. to me!).
The room was this authentic little villa, with an adorable mosquito canopy because I slept with the door and windows open since there wasn’t any A/C, and then the cutest open bathroom (sans door, fair warning peeps). There was a giant living room and gorgeous patio on every level plus a pool and kitchen! This living room & outdoor patio plus the front drive was the location for the most adorable wedding I’ll ever attend.
WHAT TO DO IN SAYULITA:
- Beach: There’s a fun beach just a few minutes away, beware of the peddlers selling tons of trinkets. If you buy one, they will all come for you. On the beach, you can rent surfboards, paddle boards and kayaks, or just lay in the sand and drink all day.
- Shop: There are a ton of shops located nearby, anything you could ever want. Go nuts.
- Ziplining Tours: I didn’t do this, but I heard about it, and a few people had a ton of fun so I recommend that.
- Eat & Drink: If you’re like me, this is your main M.O. and the food there is LITERALLY incredible.
WHERE TO EAT IN SAYULITA:
- La Rustica Sayulita: There were about 30 people who popped into this place and after stalking it on instagram weeks in advance, we knew it’d be worth it.. it was. The pizza was SO fresh, the pasta, incredible, the desserts were over the top delicious.
- Yah-Yah Sayulita Cafe: This cafe was also stalked on instagram well in advance and it was also such an adorable cafe & the perfect spot for the morning after the rehearsal dinner! Huge, delicious bagels and a GIANT menu, and strong coffee.
- Don Pedros: This was the rehearsal dinner spot so it was buffet style and it was literally the BEST mexican food I’ve EVER had in my life… in my LIFE.
- Villa Amor: This cute oceanside restaurant became a popular hangout for us for a standard meal before the beach, after the beach, breakfast, dinner when needed, and was perfect.
All in all, this is a gorgeous Mexico destination you HAVE to visit!