After my first of several work trips, I am still in the airport but I have to say I’m smitten with Cincinnati! What an underrated city, I feel like a jerk, I didn’t realize they had so much to offer!
Why Visit Cincinnati:
- It’s one of the cutest, cleanest midwestern cities I’ve visited lately
- There’s a ton to do that’s all walking distance – stadiums – restaurants – parks – more restaurants – hip, new hoods – adorable cobblestone streets and french-type houses to be seen
- It’s way cheaper than Chicago (sorry Chi-Town)
- It’s gorgeous – flying into CVG airport had me in awe of all the greenery surrounding the city
- It’s just a low-key destination for a fun, cheap thrills weekend
What To Do In Cincinnati:
- Eat! There are so many cool restaurants around every corner, OH and just walk over a bridge to Norther Kentucky for even more variety!
- Go to a baseball or football game, steps from the downtown, surrounded by larger-than-life bars
- Visit the OTR for hipster vibes, cool shopping
- Findlay Market – one of the oldest markets around offer flowers, meats, produce, an adorable ambiance
- Oktoberfest Zinzinnati – the second largest oktoberfest only 2nd to… um Germany!
Where To Eat In Cincinnati:
- Americano Burger Bar – cool brews, fun burgers, crazy looking desserts
- Mita’s- mind blowing Spanish tapas, coming from someone who lived there for a few months
- Red Roost Tavern – clearly I work for Hyatt & stayed there, but really cool vibe, spacious restaurant, who fed me well
- Hofbrauhaus Newport – this is pretty damn close to the real thing in Germany, I didn’t realize how heavily the influence ran around here!
If you have the chance to go, give it a shot!