I love signing up for the Turkey Trots the past few years because:
- It forces me to get up and workout
- It hinders my drinking abilities the night before
- It allows me to either eat more later and not feel as guilty OR eat less later because I was SO healthy earlier
This was a first time for this race – part of RAM Racing’s 2015 All Access Pass basically. I am not going to lie, the North Shore 13.1 Marathon was SO hilly I was NOT prepared for it, so I was pretty petrified around any turn that reminded me of it, which got me a bit nervous of everything.
- The weather was & still has been unseasonably warm, a light jacket, pants, ear muffs, gloves & long sleeve jacket were all I needed – and probably didn’t even need ALL of that.
- This course is bumpy & hilly – it was not my favorite. I LOVE running past insanely huge houses, don’t get me wrong, but I felt like every 5 seconds I was either inclining or descending and that was not so ideal – I realllllllly felt the burn.
- I threw on my Chicago Half Marathon long sleeve, Ballou Skies tank, my Nuun hat, some running gloves even though we received MORE this time, compression socks & my new SOAS Racing headband & was good to go.. slash sweating.
- Time: 00:55:43 *New 10k PR!
- Overall: 368 out of 893
- Female:152 out of 503
- 25-29:20 of 91
Next race? I’ve got a 2 month gap before potentially signing up for the F3 events half marathon, then January & February bring on the IRONMAN training!