Let me tell you, it was quite hard coming back from basically 2 weeks in France to be thrown into a race, but it’s what was needed. July 25 was a HOT one, and I will also NEVER wait until Friday before the race for a packet pick up because I waited in a line for an HOUR, and didn’t get the shirt size requested. Oh well. That’s what happens in the Big Ten I guess.
- The weather was super hot… 77 by 8:00 am ish? Man, I forgot how much I don’t enjoy racing in the heat, I was just glad for the race to start at 7:00 am before it got too crazy.
- This course was pretty standard, for a 10k. It heads south towards the museums then loops back up – I hate going under McCormick Place due to no lighting and tons of potholes, but came through it unscathed.
- It was quite cool to wear the IU shirt that came with the race and surround yourself with fellow Hoosiers, I like that a lot, I of course brought some Nuunwith and donned my Headsweats hat for the first time this season.
- Time: 01:05:25
- Overall: 4461 out of 8029
- Women’s Rank: 1894 out of 4318
- Age Grade: 45%
- Pace: 10:32
- 5K Split: 30:52
Overall, this was a jam packed run and definitely not my best, but it helped me get back into a busy week of training for more races as well as the Chicago Triathlon. Want to try the Triathlon for yourself? There’s plenty of time to train and we’d love for you to join team Ballou Skies!